Frequently Asked Questions
PRODUCTS + PROCESSES
Our bees are very special to us, that's why when we take honey from our hives we go to great lengths to ensure that all bees remain unharmed and together with their hive. We follow the following methods:
- We gently shake each frame as they're being removed from the hives encouraging our bees to go back inside their hive. Each frame is then hand brushed to ensure all bees are off the frames.
- The frames are then secured in boxes, loaded on to the back of our truck and transported to our extraction location on the Gold Coast.
- Each frame is then placed on the uncapping line, where the wax caps of the honey cells are removed, without the addition of any heat, before being placed into the extractor.
- The extractor spins the frames at a high speed, releasing the honey from the cells, without the addition of heat, resulting in a cold-extracted honey. The honey is then pumped into storage drums where it is filtered, removing any unwanted pieces of things such as wax before it is left to settle.
- Once the honey has settled it is ready to be bottled.
Raw honey is honey in its most purest form out of the hive. It's not pasteurised, heat treated, pressure filtered and is free from nasty additives, so all the goodness is still in our honey.
Crystallisation or candying occurs naturally. Raw cold-extracted honey should form crystallisation over time because it has not been heat processed or over filtered.
The speed of how fast honey crystallises depends on the varying difference of natural occurring sugars in the flora that the bees forage on, so some honey will crystallise faster than others.
At Australian Bee Products we offer wholesale prices, catering to businesses requiring large volumes of honey or handmade cosmetics on a permanent regular basis.
Besides our online store, if you're on or near the Gold Coast and would like to pick up an order you may visit us in Tallai, Queensland by appointment only.
You can find us at the following markets:
- Mudgeeraba Country Markets every 1st and 3rd Sunday
- Pottsville Markets every 2nd and 4th Sunday
You can find our honey in the following outlets:
FoodWorks Burleigh Heads
Solahart Burleigh Heads
Bakery at Carrara Markets
CV Beef Nerang
and online at Spray Free Pharmacy
The best way to protect yourself from bee stings while working on your hives is by wearing protective gear. We have a large selection available here on our site and are happy to help guide you with your purchase. Should you have any questions, please contact us though our contact page.
SHIPPING + RETURNS
You can pay for your order with all major credit cards, PayPal or bank deposit. Express checkout options of Apple Pay, Google Pay and Shop Pay are also available.
Our shipping rates are calculated as a flat rate, based on the weight of your order, selected shipping method and delivery location.
Once your order has been shipped, you will receive an email containing your tracking number. If no email address has been provided with your order we are unable to send out a tracking number.
Orders are processed within 1-4 business days of them being placed. You can expect to receive your order within 2-4 business days from the date of shipment depending on size, carrier and location within Australia. This is excluding pre-orders and items out of stock.